Frequently asked questions
When should I start a claim?
You can start your compensation claim within three years from the time accident happened. Call LITKRAFT now on 0208 635 5555 to get FREE consultation.
I’m not sure if my injury is serious enough?
Any injury is significant to an individual, but there is a certain criterion for solicitors; this will include a soft tissue injury which lasted for 3-4 weeks, or a laceration that resulted in a visible scar, fractures and of course more serious injuries such as amputations and brain injuries.
If you are not sure whether the accident related injury was serious enough give us a call on 0208 635 5555 and speak to one of our accident claims advisers.
Do I need to attend medical examination?
Yes, you will need to attend a short medical examination. It is an essential part of your claim process as it provides proof that your injury was inflicted by the accident.
I was hit by an uninsured driver. Can I still get compensation?
Yes, you can get compensation. There is a Moto Insurers‘ Bureau (MIB) that covers damages and pays personal injury compensation in situations when the accident involves uninsured or untraced drivers.
Can I claim against a family member?
If you have been injured in an accident which is your family member’s fault, you can still claim for compensation. Claiming against family members might seem unthinkable. However, injuries can be quite expensive, and you might struggle with the bills.
Can I claim if the other party denies blame?
Even if the third party denies blame, you can still start your claim and get compensation for your injuries.
Do I need to pay anything if I lose my case?
If your case is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay anything as long as the evidence you have provided was truthful.
Can I make a claim if I live in a different country, but the accidents happened in the UK?
Yes, you can start your claim even if you live in a different country.
If the insurance company is offering me a settlement, should I take it?
Quite often insurance companies will offer a settlement, however, their offer is much less than the victim needs. In order to make sure that you receive the right amount of compensation you should get a professional advice from a claim management specialist.
What is the claim process?
- If you satisfy the criteria, LITKRAFT will gather the initial evidence and send to a firm of solicitors on our panel. You will sign an agreement with the solicitors who will then present your claim to the third party.
- If liability is admitted, you will be required to attend a medical examination for them to calculate your level of damages. The medical evidence will be sent to the third party and your solicitor will negotiate a settlement for you.
- Any agreed settlement amount will be paid to you within 6 weeks.
- If a settlement cannot be agreed, court proceedings may need to be issued.
- If liability is denied, then further investigation may be required and court proceedings may need to be issued.
- In the event that your case is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay anything as long as the evidence you have provided was truthful.
How much can I claim?
The amount of compensation you can claim for your injury can vary considerably, simply because not every injury is the same.
There are established guidelines for how much compensation for certain injuries you can get. More information can be found here
Do I have to attend a court hearing?
The majority of cases are resolved without need for the court hearing. However, if a settlement cannot be agreed with the third party and court proceedings have to be issued, the majority of cases will be dealt with by a paper hearing by the court and you will not need to attend. If liability is denied, you may need to attend court to give evidence so that a judge can hear your version of events.
What if I was rejected by other lawyers?
If your case was rejected by another Lawyer, or you are not happy with the way your case is progressing, contact us and we will do our best to get what you deserve.
Call LITKRAFT now on 0208 635 5555 and start your accident claim. Our office is open between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. – Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
What LITKRAFT will need from me?
To start your case, we will need to know the following:
- the date of the accident, where and how it happened;
- the contact details for any witnesses;
- the details of your injuries, medical diagnosis and treatment;
- proof of your loss of earnings and other financial expenses which are the result of your injury;
- any documents that can be used to support your claim.
Keep a full record of any expenses you incur as a result of your accident. This may include the cost of medical treatment travel to and from GP’s, hospitals, physio, prescription charges and over the counter medicines, and even costs incurred by your family travelling to visit you whilst you recover. Along with damaged items such as personal items, items in your vehicle and clothing that you were wearing at the time of the accident.
HOW LONG WILL COMPENSATION CLAIM TAKE?
The amount of time an accident claim takes to reach settlement varies. Each claim is different and mainly depends on how complicated the case is.
Whilst each claim is unique, there are general settlement timeframes set out that can be used as a rough guide for each type of personal injury claim. More information can be found here