*These amounts are taken from the Case Law on general damages in personal injury cases. Figures do change time to time and should not be considered as exact, but for guidance only.
These guidelines are used by all personal injury practitioners and judges working in personal injury law. These amounts cover the possible injuries to the different parts of the body and different levels of compensation will apply, depending on the severity of the injury sustained.
Please note that sums mentioned above are awarded for the injuries only. We also recover compensation for general damages – any additional, out of pocket expenses, that may arise because of your accident/injury. Such as:
- Travel expenses (including Taxi costs)
- Hospital visits (including parking)
- Loss of earnings (including bonus)
- Cost of any treatment for prescriptions
- Additional household costs
- Help or care while you are recovering
For more information, please read Judiciary Of England & Wales