WHAT IS MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE
When a medical professional makes a mistake and it can be proven that
another health care worker (of the same ability) would not have made
the same mistake (in the similar circumstances), then it’s a case of a
medical negligence. In order to win a claim, LITKRAFT will need to
- Healthcare professional owed a duty to take care
of you and not cause injury
- There was a breach of that duty to take care
- That breach of duty has caused harm to you
- Damage or other losses have resulted from that harm
IS INCORRECT DIAGNOSIS A MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE?
Missing, incorrect or delayed diagnoses can be defined as medical negligence. In other words, if the healthcare professional failed to carry out the appropriate investigations or correctly interpret when the evidence was reasonably within their reach. In turn, these errors may be caused by a lack of training or a failure to follow correct procedures.
If you have suffered from medical negligence, it is vital that you contact LITKRAFT to discuss whether you are entitled to compensation. We understand that it is difficult to support yourself while recuperating, so we will take all the hassle off your shoulders and handle your claim, leaving you to focus on your recovery.
WHEN TO START A CLAIM
There are more chances for success, if you start your claim as soon medical negligence and its consequence becomes apparent.
However, you can also start you claim within three years from the time the negligence happened. Call LITKRAFT now on 020 8635 5555 to get FREE service and advice.
You can check injury calculator to find out how much you could claim.
WILL MEDICAL PRACTITIONER WILL BE PUNISHED?
Injury claim compensation isn’t about ‘punishing’ the medical practitioner involved, but rather acknowledging the pain and distress you’ve been through, and making sure that you won’t suffer financially because of the negligence you’ve undergone.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ERROR?
Medical negligence can arise from errors made by any healthcare professional, whether they work within the National Health Service or the private sector, including:
WHAT MY COMPENSATION WILL COVER:
- Compensation for the medical injury
- Loss of earnings
- Private medical treatment
- Rehabilitation costs
- Private care costs
- Any other out of pocket expenses
EXAMPLES OF MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIMS
- Hospital Negligence Claims
- Claims against a GP
- Claims against the NHS
- Late or Inaccurate Diagnosis
- Birth Injury Claims
- Cerebral Palsy Claims
- DVT and Bedsore Claims
- Failure to take X-rays / Scans
- Prescription Errors & Mistakes
- Accident & Emergency Failures
- Anaesthetic Mistakes & Errors
- Surgical Error Claims
- Misdiagnosed Cancer or Serious Illnesses’ Claims
- Misdiagnosed Fractures
- Wrongful Death Claims
- Claims against Paramedics
- Cosmetic Surgery Claims
- Private Hospital Claims
- Claims against an Anaesthetist
- Maxillofacial Errors & Mistakes
- Nerve and Organ Damage
- Other Medical Negligence Claims
WHAT LITKRAFT WILL NEED FROM YOU
To start your case, we will need to know the following:
- the date of the accident, where and how it happened;
- the contact details for any witnesses;
- the details of your injuries, medical diagnosis and treatment;
- proof of your loss of earnings and other financial expenses which are the result of your injury;
- any documents that can be used to support your claim.
Keep a full record of any expenses you incur as a result of your accident. This may include the cost of medical treatment, travel involved in obtaining medical treatment, and even costs incurred by your family travelling to visit you whilst you recover.
IF YOU WERE REJECTED BY OTHER LAWYERS
Even if you were let down somewhere else, contact us and we will do our best to get what you deserve.
Call LITKRAFT now on 020 8635 5555 and start your claim. Our office is open between 8 am and 7 pm – Monday to Friday and 9 to 15:00 on Saturday.