We all have the right to work in a safe and healthy environment. Therefore, every employer must ensure that you have a safe place to work. However, many people suffer from accidents at work.

Although some of these injuries are minor, it may still result in financial loss and even permanent disability or death.

Will Claiming Compensation Affect My Job?

In the UK, you cannot be fired for starting a personal injury claim against your employer. But if you are still worried about losing your job as a result of the claim, you should
call us on 020 8635 5555 for a FREE expert legal advice.

As every employer in this country must obtain insurance to compensate employees injured at work, therefore your claim is covered through the company’s insurance policy. As long as they have insurance in place you are not claiming directly against your employer and the compensation is paid by the employer’s liability insurance company.

What you should do immediately after an accident:
  1. Ensure that the injured person is moved away from any danger or hazards and get first aid if needed.
  2. Record as much information as you can at the scene of your accident. If you have fallen, take photographs of the defect that caused you to trip and fall. If needed, use a ruler to show the height / depth of the defect.
    Some evidence may not be available later if you wish to make an accident claim for personal injury compensation.
  3. Your line manager should be informed about the accident at work and it should be recorded in an accident book. If your workplace does not have an accident book, you should write out brief details of the accident and injuries, send them to your employer and keep a copy.
    It’s your responsibility to make sure that accident is recorded!
    If you are self-employed, you have a legal responsibility to report some accidents resulting in injury to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or to the local authority environmental health department.
  4. Seek medical attention and treatment either at hospital or from your local GP as soon as possible following your accident. Even if you think no medical treatment is needed, some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
    The doctor also will record your injuries and this will help during claim process.

PLEASE NOTE: trauma can mask the pain of some injuries, make sure you are properly examined even if you feel OK.


All employers have a responsibility to protect their employees, contractors and visitors from accidents and injuries.

If employer provides with the necessary machinery and tools for the job, they also need to ensure the machines and tools are maintained to a safe condition. In addition, they have to provide training and show how to use them safely.

The workplace should be kept in a safe and tidy condition. Employees should be provided with suitable workstations. Premises should be clean and free from hazards. Doors, fire escapes and gates should not be obstructed.

All employees required to lift heavy objects should receive training to show them how to do this safely.

If job requires to wear safety wear, employer must provide it as well.

If your accident could have been prevented by a better safety in your workplace- simply get in touch with us and we will identify, if you have the grounds to make a claim.


To start your case, a we will need to know the following:

  • the date of the accident, where and how it happened;
  • the contact details for any witnesses;
  • the details of your injuries, medical diagnosis and treatment;
  • proof of your loss of earnings and other financial expenses which are the result of your injury;
  • any documents that can be used to support your claim.

Keep a full record of any expenses you incur as a result of your accident. This may include the cost of medical treatment, travel involved in obtaining medical treatment, and even costs incurred by your family travelling to visit you whilst you recover.


Even if you were let down somewhere else, contact us and we will do our best to get what you deserve.

Call LITKRAFT now on 020 8635 5555 and start your claim. Our office is open between 8 am and 7 pm – Monday to Friday and 9 to 15:00 on Saturday.